The subject and vehicle described in the notice has been arrested and should be remaining in custody for some time. Please pass that same information. February 23, 2011.
Halton Regional Police are asking residents in south east Oakville to be cognizant of the following information as a result of a number of high end executive homes that are being entered over the past few months.
- Police believe a lone suspect is responsible for these entries. He is described as male, white, of Eastern European decent and speaks with an accent. He is approx. 5’7”, with dark, short well-kept hair, 30 -35 years of age, average build, clean-shaven and will be neatly dressed. He has been seen wearing a black waist length jacket, jeans and black running shoes with white marking
- The suspect is believed to be operating a 2004, 4-door, grey or silver Jaguar that he will usually park on the street.
- The suspect will then begin walking the streets focussing on high-end executive homes. He may ring the door bell to see if anyone answers and may provide the story that he is in the construction or some sort of trades field if confronted or spoken to.
- Most entries are occurring on Sundays and Mondays between the hours of 2pm and 8pm. Homes entered are mainly north/south of Lakeshore Rd, between Trafalgar Rd and Maplegrove Dr and south of Devon Rd.
- If it appears that no one is home, the suspect will then walk around to the rear of the residence and check for unlocked doors or windows. If he is successful in locating this, he will enter the home and focus on stealing high end jewellery and small electronics.
- Police are requesting that if residents observe any of the above described situations to contact police immediately and report the suspicious circumstances.
- Police are also asking residents to ensure that ALL doors are secure BEFORE leaving their residence.
Please feel free to share this information with your neighbours via e-mail or verbally. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact investigators in the #2 District Oakville Break and Enter Unit.
We appreciate your assistance with this matter. The Halton Regional Police are working diligently to resolve this issue and all uniform officers have been made aware of circumstances, and extra patrols will be occurring in your area.
Det. Kerry Brettschneider # 905-825-4747 Ext 2284